Nowadays, thanks to technology advancement, e-commerce has become a flourishing land for everyone. However, the success in your online endeavor isn’t determined on how great your e-commerce store looks or functions, it depends on how well your products are being sold to your customers. To sell products, first of all, you have to win the trust of your site visitors. A payment gateway is a powerful tool that helps to reassure visitors of your store about your trustworthiness. Therefore, implementing the right payment gateways can prove a key ensuring long-term success of your online business. Here are top 5-recommended payment gateways that you can be helpful.
What is this?
Authorize.Net is one of the oldest and most popular payment gateway providers for eCommerce, with over 400,000 merchants since inception.
You can get a payment gateway from Authorize.Net in one of two ways.
- You can sign up with them directly.
- You can get a merchant account through one of the many merchant account providers that partner with Authorize.Net: at Authorize.net’s reseller directory. This way will be less expensive, as many providers will waive the gateway setup fee and offer lower monthly gateway fees.
Authorize.Net provides a solid service. In addition to a basic toolkit, you’ll access to a fraud detection feature, QuickBooks support, support for automated recurring billing, a customer information manager and simplified checkout system.
Here are all the standard and optional features:
- Customer Information Manager (CIM)(One of Authorize.Net’s most powerful standard features): to securely store customer information such as billing address, shipping address, and payment method information.
- Payment gateway: let’s see at Complete Guide to Online Credit Card Processing With a Payment Gateway.
- Apple Pay support (only to US-based merchants)
- Automated Recurring Billing™(ARB) (to customize pricing and features such as free trial periods and installment payments)
- Simple Checkout: let us generate HTML code snippets for “Buy Now” and “Donate” buttons to add to the
- Merchant account
- Virtual Point of Sale (VPOS)
- Net mPOS Mobile Payments (available for both iOSand Android)
- Advanced Fraud Detection Suite™(AFDS). Included for free with your account – thirteen filters.
- Sync for QuickBooks™
With around 192 million active users in over 200 markets due to the ease of use, Paypal is also one of the most popular payment gateways in business, which accepts both credit card and debit card payments.
PayPal offers a wide range of different features and capabilities, and it’s expanding and diversifying a lot that it’s a publicly traded company in its own right. There are three categories:
- PayPal Express Checkout: a simple add-on that accepts credit cards and lets consumers pay with PayPal. It’s a low investment and easy to implement.
- PayPal Payments Standard: a percentage plus a flat fee per transaction, and no monthly subscription at all.
- PayPal Payments Pro: to handle the entire checkout process on your own site.
- PayPal Here: PayPal’s mobile app
- Payflow Payment Gateway: with a merchant account, you can use PayPal’s Payflow Gateway to make use of every major processor and a whole host of other applications such as accounting & billing, shipping & labeling, shopping cart, etc to have a payment gateway.
- Virtual terminal: 30$/ month or in Pro version to process mail/ phone orders.
- Online invoicing
- Bill Me Later
- Recurring Billing
- Pre-auth: up to 30 days in advance
- Digital goods
- “One-touch”: to enable users to skip entering payment and shipping details à lead to a convenient checkout process.
- Fundraising feature
For more than 15 years of establishment, SecurePay, the giant payment gateway has helped over thousands of businesses get on track with their e-commerce needs, especially in small and medium size.
SecurePay Online Payments offers its customers more payment choices including American Express, Visa, MasterCard, PayPal or Diners Club International.
It allows them to make an online purchase immediately, which helps businesses convert more sales.
SecurePay also provides an easy integration process when it can integrate with many major online shopping carts.
Users are given access to major Australian banks for easy management of payments, which guarantees secure online payments that ensure to protect every transaction and customer data from fraud or other incidences of unauthorized access.
SecurePay accounts can be managed easily by a detailed reporting, which can also improve transaction management and effective marketing strategies.
- Online Payment
- PayPal support
- Detailed reporting
- Integration with most shopping carts
- Australian bank support
As a great payment gateway for those merchants who want advanced billing features, PaySimple provides a suite of cloud-based software to enable users to accept payments, track customer information, bill customers, and set up recurring payment systems.
- Recurring billing
- eInvoicing: to see which invoices have been paid and which are overdue and automate the system to send out various reminders to collect on payments.
- Online reporting
- ACH/eCheck payments: to encourage clients to pay with eCheck rather than credit or debit cards (less expensive)
- Customer communication
- Manage customer information
- Easy data entry/import
- Point of Sale
ChronoPay, one of the most widely-used payment gateways in Russia, has become a international gateway that caters to numerous international businesses.
Businesses can accept many different payment methods such as bank cards (VISA, MasterCard, Maestro, and American Express) or e-transfers (Webmoney, Yandex.Money, QIWI) through an integrated ChronoPay interface.
- Increasing sale: Businesses can accept payments via e-money, bank cards or telephone, and customize the sales page with their own branding, or link cards to a customer’s profile.
- Saving time: Minimal documentation is required, businesses can access real-time analytics, and ChronoPay integrates with the most popular CMS.
- Reducing cost: ChronoPay offers resiliency, personal data processing and anti-fraud protection.
- Boosting customer loyalty: 24/7/365 customer support and international security standards.
- E-Cash: Accept payments through transfer services such as Webmoney and QIWI.
- Card acquiring: Accept online payments using VISA, MasterCard, and America Express bank cards.
- Anti-Fraud: minimize fraud with its fraud monitoring program
- Payment Page Customization: customize the payment pages to reflect their own branding
- One Click: can save a registered buyer’s card, making future payments even easier
- Partial 3DS:
- IVR (Interactive Voice Response): enable telephone payments
- Personal Account: lets users view statistical data on turnover and a comparison of time periods
- Loan Repayment: lets borrowers repay loans over the website of banks and partner companies
- Payment Terminal: users can pay for mobile communications, internet, TV, or utility services.